WA Super News
Creating wealth - Now's the time to get started.
Investing is the process of getting money to work for you. It is a powerful way to grow your wealth.
People invest for different reasons i.e. saving for a big holiday, to fund children’s education or repay the home loan faster. The key to successful investing is to identify your investment goals, the time frame over which you want to invest and a Financial Planner that understands your needs.
Investment vehicles are simply the different structures in which you hold your investments. These may include:
- Deposit products
- Property trusts
- Insurance bonds
- Managed funds
- Listed Australian shares
- Listed shares on international stock exchange
- Wrap accounts
Things to consider when investing
Key investment principles:
- Risk and return – different investments carry different levels of risk, you need to work out which you are most comfortable with.
- Volatility – relates to the tendency for the value of the investment to fluctuate over time
- Capital liquidity – how easily funds can be sold and on what terms
- Diversification – spreading investment money over asset classes, sectors within asset classes, regions or investment styles.
- Dollar cost averaging – investing a set amount of money on a regular basis over a long period of time.
- Buying quality assets and setting realistic timeframes.
At WA Super we employ fully qualified and experienced financial planners to provide high quality financial advice and help you develop a personal wealth accumulation strategy. Now with the ability to provide financial advice both inside and outside of super your Financial Planner can provide a comprehensive strategy for wealth creation now, not just in retirement. Our staff are salaried employees and therefore do not receive commissions.
Contact us and book your appointment now, initial consultation is free.