We’re an industry fund
We’re a not-for-profit industry super fund that launched back in the early 1980s. Our heritage is in local government and we’ve evolved to allow anybody to join us from within Australia.
Our Board includes representatives from local government, union member bodies and independent specialists, so you can be assured we have our members’ best interests at heart in all that we do.
Run only to benefit members
As a not-for-profit super fund, any profits we make are reinvested for the benefit of members in the form of improved services or lower fees.
Our purpose is to help our members achieve their retirement dreams. We accomplish this by delivering competitive investment returns^ and offering a range of educational and advice services.
Members can focus on enjoying life knowing their super is in professional hands.
Services we offer
WA Super offer a range of services to help members achieve their retirement dream. We offer our members:
- Low* fees. Seriously, they're low.
- Strong^ long-term investment performance
- No entry fees, no hidden fees and no commissions to financial planners
- An ethical and sustainable investment option (good for the planet and your super)
- Workplace super and retirement seminars and one-on-one meetings with our education consultants
- Secure online access 24/7 and a WA-based Member Services team who are a just phone call away
- Simple Super Advice over the phone or in person, or online via our SuperClick Advice tool, which aims to help members make informed decisions with respect to their investment options and optimisation of their super contributions (see our awards below for more information).
- Access to professional in-house financial advice on a fee-for-service basis. The initial consultation is at no charge, after which a scope and fee quote is provided before proceeding.
We’re an award-winning fund
Gold SuperRatings and Best Small fund finalist, 2019
SuperRatings is a highly respected research body that analyses and compares the performance of Australian based super funds. Recently, we received a Gold Rating for our superannuation and pension products. We were also a finalist for the ‘Best New Innovation’ award with respect to our SuperClick Advice online tool, and we were a ‘Rising Star’ finalist for “Best Small Fund” in 2019.
AIST winner – Best over the phone advice with Simple Super Advice
The AIST (The Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees) gave us their Best Member Facing Project Award for our Simple Super Advice service in 2018.
SelectingSuper AAA award for Super and Retirement Solutions
SelectingSuper’s triple A-rating was awarded in May 2019 to WA Super for our Super Solutions and Retirement Solutions products. Of the 500 products that were researched, only 174 were awarded the AAA rating. The research reviews products in relation to organisational strength, investments, communications, insurance and other services.
Heron 5 Stars
WA Super also received in 2018 and 2019 the highest Heron Partnership Quality 5 Star Ratings for our ‘Outstanding Superannuation Product’ (Super Solutions), our membership investment options, and our ‘Outstanding Superannuation Product, MyWASuper’. The organisation was impressed with MyWASuper’s depth of features and flexibility, and considered it excellent value with low administration and investment costs.
As a not-for-profit industry fund, we endeavour to keep our fees as low as possible. Our administration fees are $1.40 per week and 0.08% pa on the account balance, and our investment fees vary with the investment option chosen. As you can see in the graph below, we pride ourselves on being able to offer members access to a super offering at a low cost.
Average annual fees* paid on a $50,000 MySuper account balance
The boring bits:
* Fees: Average annual fees include all administration and investment fees calculated on a $50,000 account balance.
^ Strong returns: Based on SuperRatings Pty Ltd's Fund Crediting Rate Survey June 2019, which provides information about the investment performance of Australian super funds.