What does WA Super stand for?
We are a not-for-profit super fund that commenced back in the early 1980s. We are an industry super fund originating from our history in Local Government and have now evolved to become open for anybody to join us from within Australia.
Our Board includes representatives from Local Government, union member bodies and independent experts so you can be assured we have our member’s best interest at heart in all that we do.
We manage over $3.5 billion of retirement savings for around 60,000 members and hold a 'MySuper' licence which means WA Super is able to be nominated as a default fund. Over 4,000 Western Australian businesses contribute to WA Super on behalf of their employees.
As a not-for-profit super fund, any profits we make are for the benefit of members in the form of improved services or lower fees.
Our purpose is to help our members achieve their retirement dreams and we accomplish this by providing highly competitive investment returns, efficient administration services, both digital and onsite educational and advice services.
Members can focus on getting on with their life knowing their super is in safe, expert hands.
Services we offer
WA Super offer members access to a range of free and fee-for-service advice services to help members achieve their retirement dream.
We offer our members:
- Low* fees. Seriously, they're low.
- Strong^ long-term investment performance
- No entry fees, no hidden fees and no commissions to financial planners
- A ethical and sustainable investment option (good for you and the planet)
- Free super workplace seminars and one on one meetings with our consultants
- Secure online access 24/7 and a Member Services team only a phone call away
- Simple Super Advice via over the phone or in person which aims to help members make informed decisions on their investment options and optimise their super contributions.
- Access to high quality in-house financial advice on a fee-for-service basis. The initial consultation is at no charge, after which a scope and quote is provided before proceeding.
As a not-for-profit fund we endeavor to keep our fees as low as possible. Our administration fees are $1.40 per week and 0.08% pa on the account balance, and our investment fees vary with the investment option chosen. As you can see in the graph below we pride ourselves on being able to offer members access to a super offering at a low cost.
The boring bits:
*Fees: Average annual include all administration and investment fees calculated on a $50,000 account balance.
*Low fees: Based on SuperRatings Pty Ltd’s assessment of our fees against the industry average as at 30 June 2018
^Strong returns: Based on SuperRatings Pty Ltd's Fund Crediting Rate Survey June 2018, which provides information about the investment performance of Australian super funds
Average Annual Fees include all administration and Investment fees calculated on a $50,000 account balance.Download PDF