Find lost Super

Find lost super

It is important to keep track of your super. If you've ever changed your name, address or job, you may have lost track of some of your super. Having several super accounts could mean that fees and charges are reducing your overall super investment. 

Use myGov for a full view of your super - find out more here

To avoid losing your super

It is really important that WA Super has your up to date contact details. If you move or change your name you should inform us as soon as possible. This will help keep you in touch with your super and avoid the risk of becoming a lost member or having your super declared unclaimed.

Unclaimed super

In certain circumstances, a super account will be classified as unclaimed super and must be transferred to the ATO.

If you are age 65 or older, have not made a contribution to your account in the last two years and we have not been able to contact you for five years after making reasonable efforts, your super will be considered unclaimed and transferred to the ATO.

A non-member spouse who has a super benefit as a result of a family law split may also be classified as unclaimed if we are unable to pay the amount to the non-member spouse or their legal representative.

Small or insoluble lost member accounts

A lost member account is considered to be unclaimed super if the member is a lost member, and:

  • The balance of the lost member account is less than $2,000 (small lost member account); or
  • The lost member account has been inactive for a period of 12 months and we are satisfied that it will never be possible to pay an amount to the member (insoluble lost member account); or
  • A person is taken to be a lost member if they are either uncontactable or inactive (as defined in regulations).


For a member to be considered uncontactable, WA Super must not have received a contribution or rollover for them within the last 12 months and either:

  • WA Super has never held an address for the member; or
  • Two written communications have been returned unclaimed. Note that if one written communication has been sent to the last known address and returned unclaimed, we may choose to class the member as uncontactable.


The individual must have joined the fund as a standard employer-sponsored member more than two years ago and there cannot have been any contributions or rollovers for them within the past five years.

Download PDF