Choice of Super
Choice of Super
Which super should I choose?
Choose the super with low fees, flexible choices and a thorough knowledge of how to help you retire the way you want to.
WA Super is now available to all West Australians. And you'll be making a great choice if you choose WA Super. What’s more, you’ll be able to keep your super for life.
Before making your choice, you should take into account your personal financial situation and needs.
How do I exercise my right to choice?
Exercising your right to choose is easy. If you are already a member of WA Super and would like your employer to start paying into your WA Super account, you need to follow these three steps:
- Tell your employer you want your super contributions to go into your WA Super account.
- Complete a Choice of Superannuation Fund form found here.
- Once completed hand it to your employer.
Not a member yet?
If you would like your employer to start paying into a WA Super account, you need set one up with us first. Simply follow these three steps:
- Download and read the Product Disclosure Statement found here.
- Complete the Super Solutions Application for Membership form. Make sure you choose the level of insurance cover that’s right for you and select the investment options that match your risk profile. Complete all sections of the form then sign and date it where indicated. It's important to include your Tax File Number and nominate your beneficiaries.
- Send your completed form to: PO Box Z5493, St Georges Tce, Perth WA 6831
Once your account has been set up your employer can start contributing into it.
You just need to complete a Choice of Superannuation Fund form found here and hand it to your employer. It’s as easy at that.
You employer is obliged to let you choose your super
There are only a few situations in which an employee is unable to exercise their right to choice of super fund. In most cases this is incorrect. Click here to view eligibility criteria.
If you are eligible to choose a super fund and you give your employer a Choice of Superannuation Fund form, they have two months to comply, and they must pay your super contributions into your chosen fund.
More detailed information on employers obligations to honour a choice nomination is available on the Australian Tax Offices website.
Need help with your super?
If you would like any help please give one of our friendly account managers a call on 08 9480 3500 or 1300 99 85 42 (Country Callers), or alternatively send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are here to help.Download PDF